9/19/2014

I'm currently on a friends' computer and I'm going to attempt to publish a quick post, because it's been a really long time.

Last time I was home, I received a copy of Fashion magazine that had been waiting for me - the September issue with Lana Del Rey on the cover. My mom had saved a copy for me (two, actually) because quite honestly I am devoutly obsessed with Lana. There was a lot of good stuff in that magazine. Something that caught my eye, was a clutch by designer Anya Hindmarch.

clutch by Anya Hindmarch, $1595.00

Pearl necklace by Cezanne, $28.00, available at my work, Hudson's Bay :)

Anya Hindmarch is a British handbag/accessories designer. I've only just discovered her, but after visiting her website I instantly fell in love. I especially love the AW 2014 collection, "Counter Culture". That's where the above bag is from. It's a rectangular clutch with a print of a vintage box of Corn Flakes! I love this so much. There are others, too; Coco Pops, and Frosties (Frosted Flakes). This entire collection, and the fashion show, had grocery store vibes. JUST like Chanel AW 2014, which was set in a faux grocery store and featured models carrying very ornate shopping baskets. For Anya's show, some of the models pushed regular shopping carts. I always love when food finds its way into fashion, so I obviously love both aforementioned shows. The magazine I saw it in, Fashion (originated out of Toronto) did their own shoot inspired by the Chanel show, in a grocery store in downtown Toronto. It was quite good, and very colourful.

There's something very pop-art-esque about incorporating brands into fashion and art. Like how Andy loved to draw and paint things like Campbell's soup cans or Brillo boxes. Making a bag out of old cereal boxes seems, sort of simple, but I think its fantastic in its own right.

And now, here are my favourite pics from the Anya Hindmarch AW2014 show:









I love this foil candy wrapper purse so much!

Runway shot










All images taken from the Anya Hindmarch website

And here are some close up product shots of my favourite pieces:

These are not cereal boxes, they are clutches

THE bag. I want it so bad! In many colours!

This little tin Custard Cream clutch is also super cute

Vintage Frosties
Tony the Tiger

Coco Pops




Shop the collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment