6/21/2012

walking the street from morning to night, with a star upon your shoulder lighting up the path that you walk, with a parrot on your shoulder saying everything when you talk

I had to take a little hiatus from blogging while I was switching over to my new computer and still figuring out how to get Photoshop forever on this as well as Illustrator. I have a hard time doing any image editing in anything other than Photoshop. Actually, I pretty much can't handle it at all.

I also moved across the country, almost as far as you can go from where I was before. I lived in Ontario my whole life but now I've decided to come to British Columbia and see how I like it here, for a change. Now that I'm done college, the sky is the limit as they say and I'd like to travel quite a bit. Unfortunately I have a lot of loans and bills to pay so I'm going to work as much as possible and squeeze adventures in between the money making (and spending).

Over the summer I plan to go to Victoria with my roomates to see our friend Julia. I really want to see what island life is like! Aside from exploring Vancouver, I want to visit some places up in the mountains and the small cities surrounding.
My roomates, me, and our friend Jennie are also planning a trip to Portland for August. I'd also like to go to Seattle if I have the time and the money, we would probably rent a car for that. My biological grandfather and his wife live there and really want to see me. As well, I might try to go to a music festival in L.A. in September!!!

I start work next week, and then my roomates are going back to Ontario for a week and a half visit, so I'll be alone in the apartment and in the city for my first time. It's not so bad, I've had a lot of time to be creative and write more. I am extremely bored, though. I've already got my sights set on the sort of lifestyle I want to have in about a month or two or three. The part of the city I want an apartment in, stores I'm going to shop at once I start getting paycheques again, and bars I want to stop by for drinks at once I make some friends. Aside from that I'm trying to eat healthy enough, (minus lots of snacks) read more, sleep less, and regulate my life. It's sort of working, so far. But I think a lot of it has to do with me being positive and thus receiving positive change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment